Monday, October 1, 2012

Yes, I am alive and finally here!

Hello Everyone!

Well today is my 6th day in France and what a whirlwind it has been. Today is the first day I have been able to access internet on my computer. Whew what an ordeal and man do I realize how much I need internet!!

Anyways, I finally made it to France after 2 long and exhausting days of travel - especially the second day when I had to lug my 3 bags - 2 rollers and my backpack. Man I was quite a spectacle. One older gentleman even asked me if all the luggage was mine and in my response he says, you are quite strong, quite strong haha well I guess so...

All my luggage- I looked like a pack mule

When I arrived it was rainy and cold, but my contact at the school - the wonderful Francoise - came and picked me up at the train station. I couldn't have been happier to see a trustworthy and nice person!
She let me stay at her apartment in Arbois, which is about 10 minutes away from Poligny and prepared a simple, but tasty dinner of a tuna, cheese and tomato quiche, a salad, an apple tart, and wine (of course) from Arbois! It was tasty!

The next day, she took me to the school and I met a lot of people, all very nice, but let me be honest, it was quite a blur and a tad overwhelming! But never the less, it seems to be a wonderful place to be an assistant. I look forward to teaching soon!

   
The front of the school




Then we went to go check out my living accomodations. Let me be honest, it's quite sparse, but it is big. I have a little bitty kitchen with a college size fridge, 2 burners, a toaster oven, and a hot water maker. And the school lent me kitchen stuff like cutlery, plates, etc..
The heat isn't turned out yet, and I have been quite cold! I bundle up in a lot of blankets haha France is definitely colder than Memphis Tennessee - that's for sure!
But hey, at least I have a place to stay for not an exorbitant amount of money!!
There is also no wifi yet in the appartment (hope to get that soon) but I found wifi at the bar -
I've become a regular customer. Haha

Overall, it is a very charming city filled with lots of old time character and delicious food!
My next post, which will be about my birthday, is basically dedicated to all the food I ate haha





No comments:

Post a Comment